Juried Art Show Submission Form 2018
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Submission Deadline August 4, 2018
- The distance requirement from Uxbridge has been dropped.
- All work must be designed and created by the entrant (no commercial kits or patterns) and completed after October 1, 2016.
- All media will be eligible.
- There is a non-returnable jurying fee of $35.00 per artist.
- Submission form and images are submitted online at www.celebrationofthearts.ca/juried. Up to 3 pieces may be submitted for consideration by the jury, with up to 3 images for each work. Images will be viewed on a 60” flat panel so a minimum resolution of 2,000 pixels in JPG format is recommended. If this format is not possible for you, please contact us to discuss alternatives.
Video: If the work has motion a short video of the work is acceptable. Sound should only be provided if it is made by the work. No narration, music or commentary. Upload the video in MP4 format to dropbox defined below.
- Each submission must have the artist name, title, date of work, size of work in inches, medium and artist’s statement.
- Works chosen for the exhibition must be delivered on Sept 17 or 18. Two-dimensional works should be ready to hang, mounted or framed, and with hanging wire. Please do not send large rolled drawings or paintings.
- Works must be delivered by the artist or designate. Works sent via a delivery service will not be accepted.
- The Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts will insure the works on its premises from Sunday, Sept 16 through Sunday, Sept 23 at 4:00 pm. Works will not be insured during transit.
- The jurors reserve the right to disqualify any work that is misrepresented by the image used in the jurying process.
- The jury’s decision is final. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted.
- The artist grants the Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts the right to photograph accepted works for publicity, educational and reference purposes.
- The Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts will retain a 20% commission on all sales. Works are not required to be for sale. Selling price is set in the submission form.
- Do not leave packing at show. Take it with you. We have nowhere to store it during the show. We will throw it out.
Step 1. Submit Information
Due Date Aug 4, 2018 11:59 PM
Be sure to click on the “STEP 2. CLICK this button to Submit your completed entry form” once the form is filled out.
Step 2. Press the button above
A copy of your submission form will also be emailed to you for your records.
Step 3. Pay Jurying Fee
You may pay your $35 submission fee online via PayPal or mail a cheque payable to “Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts” for $30.00 to:
UXBRIDGE CELEBRATION OF THE ARTS, Box 113, Uxbridge, Ontario, L9P 1M6
To pay online click on the Buy Now button below.
Step 4. Submit Pictures
Email photos in JPG format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum photo resolution should be 2000×1000. You are welcome to send larger.
- For the $35 entry fee artists may submit 3 works with up to 3 photos of each work. Even for 2-dimensional work, send an overview shot and two close-ups to focus on details.
- If your work is an unexpected size, such as very large or small, put a known object in one of the views to give some perspective. An example object would be a wine bottle or ruler.
- Upload your images to my dropbox account. Be sure to include your name in each file name.
- Submit images as one work per email. Email does not like a large number of attachments. It doesn’t bother me having several emails for a submission. Your from email address ties them together.
Each submission will receive an email confirmation.