Juried Art Show 2017
- Full sized photo of 2017 Show Panorama
- 2017 Juried Art Show Catalog
- Displaying Artist Instructions
- Rules and Online Submission Form
- 2017 Juried Art Show Call for Entry Brochure
- Tips for entering the Uxbridge Juried Art Show
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Unveiling “An Uxbridge Story in Stone”: 7:00 pm
- Children’s Art Show opening: 6:30 pm
- Exhibition Dates: Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017 to Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017 (10:00 am to 6:00 pm) Closes Sunday 2:00 pm
This year, 110 artists entered the competition, creating a total of 289 works for the jurors to consider. After much deliberation, the work of 55 artists was selected for exhibition (a total of 55 pieces). The jury panel consisted of Patrick Macaulay, Director/Curator of Harbourfront Galleries, Toronto; Susan Campbell, Sessional Instructor at OCAD University and Deborah de Ville, Photographer.
Now in its 32nd year, The Celebration of the Arts is proud to present the 21st Annual Uxbridge Juried Art Show. The show is a multi-discipline arts exhibition created for the enjoyment of Uxbridge area residents. It showcases the richness of the artistic talent found around the Township of Uxbridge. Note: The distance from Uxbridge requirement has been dropped.
For artists, this is an amazing chance to have your work evaluated by prominent jurors, to measure your work against other entries, have it displayed at the beautiful council chambers in Uxbridge, and exposed to an audience of more than two hundred people over the week’s display, and perhaps to sell your work.
Key Dates for Displaying Artists
- Delivery of Accepted Works (Details): Sunday, Sept. 17, 2017 (Noon to 5:00 pm)
or Monday, Sept 18, 2017 (10:00 am to Noon)
- Art Pick Up: Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017 (2:00 pm to 4:00 pm)
Director/Curator of Harbourfront Galleries, Toronto
Patrick Macaulay is the Director of Visuals Arts at Harbourfront Centre. Over the past eighteen years he has curated numerous exhibitions and has moved the visual arts programming at Harbourfront Centre in new and exciting directions. He received his MFA from The Art Institute of Chicago, BFA from Nova Scotia College of Art and Design and the studio programme at The Banff Centre.
Sessional Instructor at OCAD University
Toronto, Ontario, CanadaGraphic Design
Susan Campbell is an Oshawa-based interdisciplinary artist working at the intersections of lens-based media, installation and intervention, and design. She obtained an MFA in Art, Media and Design from OCADU after extensive studies in design and digital media in Ireland. Her work frequently explores physical mapping practices as a means to interpret and reflect on the design dynamics found within the urban landscape, confronting issues brought about by the intensification of urban development. Campbell has recently exhibited at Cambridge Galleries, the Art Gallery of Mississauga and Gallery A in the Robert McLaughlin Gallery. Campbell currently teaches design at Durham College and OCADU.
Deborah de Ville
Deborah de Ville received National Accreditations in High Key Portraits, Environmental Wedding Photography, Canine Portraits, Fine Art and Children Portraits, plus Craftsman of Photographic Arts, and she holds a Masters of Photographic Arts from the Professional Photographers of Canada. Deborah runs a photography studio in Uxbridge. She looks forward to continue discovering different ways to take a photograph!
- The BDO – Juror’s Choice – $250
- The Elinor Cole – Best Painting – $125
- The Lynne and Jerry Gaetz – Best Sculpture – $125
- The Canadian Tire Best Mixed Media – $125
- The Elinor Cole – Honourable Mention – $50
- The Lynne and Jerry Gaetz – Honourable Mention – $50
- The Ryleepuss Productions – Best Photograph – $125
- The Inkslingers’ – People’s Choice – $100
- The Writing Fairy – Honourable Mention – $50
- The Barbara Blower – Honourable Mention – $50
And publication in the show catalogue.
Sign up to receive notices about the Juried Art Show