Juried Art Show 2017
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Unveiling “An Uxbridge Story in Stone”: 7:00 pm
- Children’s Art Show opening: 6:30 pm
- Exhibition Dates: Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017 to Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017 (10:00 am to 6:00 pm) Closes Sunday 2:00 pm
2017 was a banner year for the show. We had 110 artists submit 289 works with 55 displayed. 250 people attended the Gala Opening Reception and another 250 people visited the show during the week. And for just the second time, we published a show catalogue, our largest yet at 36 pages.
This year proved to be a “family event” with five pairs of artists displaying.
- Father/Son – Ross and Daniel Colby
- Father/Daughter – Frank/Leanna Scheitrowsky
- Mother/Son – Barbara and Colin Murphy
- Husband/Wife – Bob and Lesa Robertson
- Husband/Wife – Gordon and Jennifer Ross
We also have artists ranging in age from 23 to 90.
This year, 110 artists entered the competition, creating a total of 289 works for the jurors to consider. After much deliberation, the work of 55 artists was selected for exhibition (a total of 55 pieces). The jury panel consisted of Patrick Macaulay, Director/Curator of Harbourfront Galleries, Toronto; Susan Campbell, Sessional Instructor at OCAD University and Deborah de Ville, Photographer.
Director/Curator of Harbourfront Galleries, Toronto
Patrick Macaulay is the Director of Visuals Arts at Harbourfront Centre. Over the past eighteen years he has curated numerous exhibitions and has moved the visual arts programming at Harbourfront Centre in new and exciting directions. He received his MFA from The Art Institute of Chicago, BFA from Nova Scotia College of Art and Design and the studio programme at The Banff Centre.
Sessional Instructor at OCAD University
Toronto, Ontario, CanadaGraphic Design
Susan Campbell is an Oshawa-based interdisciplinary artist working at the intersections of lens-based media, installation and intervention, and design. She obtained an MFA in Art, Media and Design from OCADU after extensive studies in design and digital media in Ireland. Her work frequently explores physical mapping practices as a means to interpret and reflect on the design dynamics found within the urban landscape, confronting issues brought about by the intensification of urban development. Campbell has recently exhibited at Cambridge Galleries, the Art Gallery of Mississauga and Gallery A in the Robert McLaughlin Gallery. Campbell currently teaches design at Durham College and OCADU.
Deborah de Ville
Deborah de Ville received National Accreditations in High Key Portraits, Environmental Wedding Photography, Canine Portraits, Fine Art and Children Portraits, plus Craftsman of Photographic Arts, and she holds a Masters of Photographic Arts from the Professional Photographers of Canada. Deborah runs a photography studio in Uxbridge. She looks forward to continue discovering different ways to take a photograph!
- The BDO – Juror’s Choice – $250
- The Elinor Cole – Best Painting – $125
- The Lynne and Jerry Gaetz – Best Sculpture – $125
- The Canadian Tire Best Mixed Media – $125
- The Elinor Cole – Honourable Mention – $50
- The Lynne and Jerry Gaetz – Honourable Mention – $50
- The Ryleepuss Productions – Best Photograph – $125
- The Inkslingers’ – People’s Choice – $100
- The Writing Fairy – Honourable Mention – $50
- The Barbara Blower – Honourable Mention – $50
- 2017 Juried Art Show Gallery and Catalogue
- 2016 Juried Art Show Gallery and Catalogue
- 2015 Juried Art Show Gallery
- 2014 Juried Art Show Gallery
Sign up to receive notices about the Juried Art Show